Monday, January 9

An Important Message

There aren't too many things I worry about, but one of them happens to be skin cancer.  I work outside, the people who work for me work outside, and we are exposed to the sun more than the average person.  I will harass my crew about sunscreen and hats every chance I get, but I'm not sure I've done enough over the years. 

Pat Jones, one of the prominent voices in the golf industry (whose articles, facebook posts, and blogs I highly recommend reading to golf industry people and golfers), posted the video below in facebook land this week.  It's your standard-issue public service-type commercial with a very dramatic overtone, but the message is simple - Don't be scared, but be aware.

Watch the video below and take the advice.  My doctor is happy to look me over for potential melanoma even when I just visit to get my asthma prescription renewed.  Between that and self-checks, you can do a lot to catch things early. 

When you are out on the course this summer or with your kids at the pool, be careful not to over-expose yourself, and for crying-out-loud put some damn sunscreen on.


No comments:

Post a Comment