Friday, April 8

Aerification Time!

Sure enough, as the weather is just getting warm enough to play golf (and actually enjoy it) the superintendent is headed out to "screw up the greens" (I overheard a member say that once, and it has stuck with me ever since). We will attempt aerification on Monday, April 11th with the course opening Tuesday at noon.  Unfortunately, rain is in the forecast for Monday, which can make it impossible to aerify.  Dry weather is essential in keeping the sand dry such that it will incorporate into the holes properly.  If we get rained out, we will close the course all day Tuesday and try to get it done in time for play Wednesday morning.  Hopefully, Mother Nature will be kind and we can get this done and over with.

Every year, I write a newsletter article or two about the benefits of aeration.  For a little change, I thought I would link to this little video put together by the USGA.  Click below to have a look.  As always, feel free to comment or ask questions via my email, the blog, or by phone.

Video - Why we aerate greens - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment